February 8-10, 2023
cineDESK – A Toolkit for Virtual Filmmaking
Zurich University of the Arts, Pfingstweidstrasse 96, 8005 Zürich
The workshop starts at 09:30 AM on February 8 and ends at 4:00 PM on February 10. – Registration for this event is closed.
Over the course of three days, we will introduce participants to the educational design of the cineDESK workshops at our university. Participants will experience the cineDESK both from a student and a teacher perspective, thus gaining first-hand knowledge about its potential and limitations. Our developers and educators will be present throughout the workshop for one-on-one Q&As and technical/organisational discussions. The workshop will conclude with a panel discussion about the usage of virtual production in film education.
- Understand how cineDESK works
- Know how to use motion capture for the cineDESK teaching workflow
- Get to know the technical back-end (Unreal Engine)
- Understand the specific requirements for implementation and maintenance at your school
- Exchange ideas with fellow teachers for advancing novel methods in film education
Deputy Head of Film Studies, BA/MA Film
For GEECT members who are registered for this workshop, there are no workshop fees, no additional costs for meals at lunch as well as for one Dinner at the restaurant on Wednesday and Drinks at the Club Mehrspur on Thursday. Note that the registration for this workshop is closed.
Travel and accommodation are organized and paid by each participant individually.
Suggestions for hotels near the university:
• 25hours Hotel, 100m distance to venue:
• IBIS Budget, 500m distance to venue:
• IBIS City West, 600m distance to venue:
• Züri by Fassbind, 1 km distance to venue:
• The Flag, 1.4 km distance to venue